Saturday, November 6, 2010

So it's a rainy day in Hawaii and I have decided to plant myself at Starbucks and catch up on work and watch my favorite show Chuck. It's been relaxing and much needed. I feel a bit guilty, because while I'm enjoying my "day off", David is out washing cars with students in the rain for a "pledge drive" to raise money for this summer's missions.

So I don't have a lot to "report", except that a truly loved teaching 5th graders for the past 7 school days. My favorite moment while teaching was this:
During Bible class we were talking about the Old Testament books of the Bible. I asked students to turn to the book of Ecclesiastes. One of my students raised his hand, and in all sincerity said "Mrs. Poole, I don't think I have that book" :)
Cute kids:)

I wanted to share something that I've been learning. One of the women from church gave me This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti to read thinking the story is similar to that of David's and mine since we have been in Hawaii (which I would agree now being half the way through). However, I know it's a fiction book, but I believe Peretti may be on to something in his description of the spirit world. Ephesians 6:12 says, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers and authority of this present darkness." Peretti describes the spiritual world/battle in such depth, but he always emphasizes this point. The good guys, the angels, are strengthened by prayer. The angels recognize prayer covering and prayer support as a powerful weapon, and without it, the darkness can and will often prevail over a person, location, and/or community (land). But the cool thing is, that one person praying, can fuel and strengthen the angels to defeat a mass amount of demons, or the hardest and most powerful demons... that's one person praying. Imagine two people praying, or five...or a whole church. Imagine the damage that a whole church praying can do to the dark world. This book also illustrated another point, a scary point, and that is these demons of darkness, dominions of Satan, are truly out to steal, kill and destroy all of humanity sparing no one. And their methods are often so subtle at first and lead to such incredible bondage later. Boy, do we need to clothe ourselves with the armor of God each and every day. Your thoughts?

kelsey.poole09@yahoo.com

Aloha,
Kelsey and David:)

No comments:

Post a Comment