Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Maui trip with the Walisz...fam










Aloha friends and family,
Sorry for the delayed update on the Pooles. Last week, David and I joined my family for a few days over in Maui where David worked (and played some) and I got to play and spend time with them. It was a much needed break for me, especially after working 3 weeks solid in some tough special ed cases. We joined them Sunday evening and came back Thursday morning. The pictures above are with the family in Maui...everything from blowholes, white sand beaches, to rocks that look like dragon's teeth (that's what the location is called, I promise I didn't make that up).
It was nice to be back in Maui. It felt like another home since growing up, using my dad's expertise, travel vouchers, and/or miles, we were privileged to vacation in Maui several times. If you ever travel to Maui, stay at the Papakea and eat at Lahaina Pizza place. The two best spots on the whole island ;)
Now it's back to work (or continuing to work for David). I already have two solid weeks of work. Praise God! Starting tomorrow, I'll be teaching in a 5th grade (not special ed) classroom at the local Christian school. I'm really excited for this teaching experience and for the change of pace. Pray for me. I know all the things I ever did to subs will come back to haunt me. Show me grace God, I apolgize to all my sub teachers out there, from elem school to high school. Gosh, I could be awful! I'm sure none of you ever treated your subs horridly (changing names during attendance, sticking notes on their back, putting something on their chair when they sat down, ...)? Did you?
The wind has calmed down...so I haven't been kiteboarding. But saving some money to travel to the other side of the island when the wind picks back up again.
David went diving with a bunch of guys last Saturday. He said it was a gorgeous day and so much fun to be out with the youth diving and grilling hamburgers. *I feel that Tim the Toolman's grunt is appropriate right now...insert here*.

We'd ask that you continue to keep us in your prayers. Life continues to be hard right now. It's a good reminder that paradise isn't always paradise. Ultimate paradise will be when we are standing before our Heavenly Father someday in heaven worshipping Him with all the other people who believed in Jesus Christ and therefore have eternal life! Woohoo, I'm excited for that day!

Love to know how you are doing. Give us an email. Kelsey.poole09@yahoo.com.

Aloha ke Akua,
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment