Thursday, July 29, 2010

empty nesters






Greetings!
What are David and Kelsey up to now a days (I'm sure this is running through your mind since you decided to check out our blog)? Well, that's a great question, I'm so glad you asked.

We are officially empty nesters at the age of 23 (I'll go ahead and say it since my bday is August8:). Our two interns for the summer left on Tuesday. It was sad to see them go, they had been with us since May 10, and truly became part of the family. The students were really sad to see them go as well, they did such a great job connecting and building relationships. As David and I were driving back from the airport, I started to think how grateful I was that ministry isn't dependent on an individual. Ministry is all about Jesus. People come and go, but if ministry is done biblically, then no matter whose in a particular ministry, all of the focus is on Jesus. Yeah, sure, it is ok to miss people when they go, but ministry has to be all about Jesus. Never about the person. Paul picks this point up in 1 Corinthians 1:12 "I follow Paul" another says "I follow Apollos", and another says, "I follow Cephas", and still another says, "I follow Christ". Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul?... No matter where you are at, I encourage you to keep focused on Jesus. Pastors/leaders will leave, they will fall, they will fail, but when ministry is about who it should be about, then all get blessed! Unsure of what the new season entails, David and I are excited to uncover what God has in store for all of us at HMC.

Couple of newz pieces (shout outs):
David and I are officially an aunt and uncle to Bella Cosette Bonacic. Congrats Pablo and Christina!
My dad's bday is this Saturday!
David and I are about to celebrate our one year anniversary (august 1). Maybe we won't be considered the newly weds anymore? We are finally taking a little vacation around the island August 2-6! Finally!!

Well, school has started or is starting next week for our students. That means we have been trying to do a lot with them. Friday and Saturday of last week I spent with a bunch of girls at the Harris Farm. Tony (dad) and Lyndsey (daughter) planned a whole getaway for the girls. We played with baby animals (horse, goat, cow), went to the beach, and went and explored a lava tube. It was such a great time of fellowship and bible study. David and the guys went night diving, and hung out around the house until Sat night where they joined us for food, worship, and games. Yesterday (Wednesday), we went to Kapoho tide pools with some students. It is probably the best place to snorkel and hang out in the water. Needless to say, I'm a bit burned and hurting this morning.

Well, more adventures to come. Please continue to pray for us and send us an email in how we can pray for you.

David and Kelsey

2 comments: