Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'm weary, I'm broken, I've cracked my heart wide open- Saving Jane





Aloha friends and family,
A little love from our casa to your casa, and an update from David and I too. That's always fun. Hmm...shall we start with the love?
Pretty cool that Jesus loves us, huh?
However, we christianitize God's love for us starting when we are wee babes in our mother's arms in the church nursery and we hear the tape player project the oldie song of "Jesus Loves Me". It then continues in our elementary years, when the answer for every question in Sunday school is "Jesus" and we are rewarded with a piece of candy for our trained efforts. Oh, no my friends, it doesn't stop there. In Junior High and high school we are patted on the back for our effortless Christianese response to life issues when talking to mentors and leaders in our lives, when in reality our hearts are questioning the very thing that has been engrained in us from our mother's womb: Jesus loves me. When is the last time you have taken time to truly ponder the meaning of Jesus Loves Me, You, Us, the World? When we hear that profound and awe inspiring statement, we tend to stifle a yawn and hold back from rolling our eyes "yeah, yeah, I heard that before". But my friends, can we ponder those three words this week...and if time allows, your response would be such an encouragement to me (kelsey.poole09@yahoo.com).

Update from David and Kelsey:
Last week was a pretty busy week for all of us. Moving into the house has allowed us to have the students over, and 4/7 days last week we had lots of students at our casa...which we loved. We've also had a student living with us going on 8 days now. Truly he is now part of the family along with our two interns Nate Hickox and Andrew Staal (my promised shout out...woot woot). David took about 20 students to the top of our Volcano, Mauna Kea, last Wednesday. Pretty cool to be at 13,000+ feet in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
My event of the week was learning to kiteboard...yesterday. My first out of many lessons (I go back next Tuesday). I spent about 4 hours learning to body drag with a 15 meter kite...whoa brah, there's choke power in dat ting (my pidgeon for the day). I also went night diving for the first time. I have to say, not my thing, I'll let David and the guys do it. Too cold, too wet, too eerie for me.

Well, we could use some intense prayer. David and I, especially David, have taken some beatings. Some hard ones and some good ones. But ultimately, it hasn't been fun and i see it wearing on him more and more each day. He hasn't been himself, and it is hard watching that. We plan to take some R and R the first week in August, it is very very needed for the two of us. Pray that God reveals himself in Big ways and brings light and clarity in a very confusing situation. There are many fingers pointing, and many opinions to the root of the problem...but we want God to reveal His solution.

I'm really at a point of brokenness and sometimes I feel beyond repair, but then I remember Jesus Loves Me.

Signing out,
Kels






No comments:

Post a Comment