Monday, July 12, 2010

"Ready or not, here I come"- Life











Well, here I am again. Sitting in the spaciousness of my kitchen, typing up another passage of David and Kelsey's adventure in Hawaii. I'm realizing life never does stop. In college, you always had an "end" in sight. Halfway through a semester, I recall thinking, well 6 more weeks until the "end". As finals arrived it turned into, one more day until the "end". Now, on the outskirts of college life, I find that there is no "end" in sight. Life continues to keep on rolling, and you take the punches as they come. Breaks don't come as generously and/or freely as they did back then (Here I am, talking like my grandpa and the good ol days:)

Although life keeps on coming, whether I'm ready or not, it always brings new opportunities to grow; growth in my relationship with Christ, my husband, family, friends, acquaintances, or heaven forbid- enemies (growth in a sense of working out issues so relationships aren't severed). So that's where I begin, a quote I believe we all have experienced, "Ready or not, here I come." says Life.

I think I already mentioned that David and I have moved into a house (rental, not quite ready to buy just yet). It is very spacious, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, and a huge kitchen and living area. We feel blessed, but of course are taking a huge step in faith financially as well. However, I must say that on Saturday we had about 15 students over hanging out playing telephone pictionary, having an amazing time of worship and prayer, and eating great food (if I do say so myself) and we just knew this is the place we are suppose to be in this season.

We covet your prayers as we face the battle against the Enemy. God reminds me continuously, that our battle is not with flesh and blood, but against the Ruler of Darkness. And boy, has Satan been aggressive lately. I tell ya, there have been many tears shed and many "what are we going to do-s" said, however, besides the armor of God, one of our biggest tools we use against the Enemy is love... Loving others. I think Jesus is on to something when He says Love your enemy, do good to those who persecute you (I know, I know you are thinking to yourself..no duh Kelsey, this is Jesus your talking about). But how often do we take those words for granted, or they become the Christianese lingo in our little Christian lives. Truly, Jesus was uncovering the biggest weapon known to man...love...Love counteracts all societal norms and human-ness. When used appropriately (that is with the Holy Spirit) it can soften hearts and reconcile relationships.

A simple four letter word love.

Please pray that David and I will walk in an abundance of love as these battles continue to come our way.

By the way we bought a couch...our first one after almost a year of marriage...I see it as our anniversary present...yes, yes...we are a little over 2 weeks away from celebrating our first anniversary as Mr. and Mrs Poole (hold your applause please, your making me blush):)

And yes, in the pic it shows our washer and dryer outside...it's true...

Again, we always like emails and letters.
You can mail us to our new address:
David and Kelsey Poole
20 W Ohea St
Hilo, HI 96720

or email
david.poole09@gmail.com
kelsey.poole09@yahoo.com

We always love to know that you are alive and well...actually we really like to hear that you are going to come visit us:)

A hui hou,
Kelsey

1 comment:

  1. I see you've returned to my little slice of heaven aka 2step =)

    ReplyDelete