Thursday, January 21, 2010

just another day in paradise...






Hello friends and family back,
It has been a very busy week here. Where do I begin? Well I'll first share about our little excursion yesterday with our friends Art and Dick. First, these men's wives were so gracious in allowing us to use their kayaks. Ok, well, shucks I already told you the excursion...WE WENT KAYAKING! Up rivers to view waterfalls, battling waves and wind in Hilo bay, and relaxing in the midst of a beautiful pond/river our 3.5 mile kayaking trip lasted about 4 hours. Before you become overly jealous, please let me describe the pain I now feel in my arms, neck, abs, and back. It's amazing that when you are having fun you don't think about what your body is going through. My upper body has never seen a mile of any sort of physical activity, let alone 3. 5 miles. It all began last night, my arms ached and tingled, I couldn't even lift my arm over my head without feeling excruciating pain. Today, not as bad as yesterday, but I still feel it. But was it worth it? YES!
Well an update on me and my job situation. I may have a new postion as a PA opening up starting Monday. I've left it up to the Lord for him to open this door or close it. It will still be through my agency but under a different department. My pay decreases because it has less demands than a PP job, but my hours would increase. So we'll see. He knows best.
David is staying very busy. He is working on a Family Movie night, Service Projects, superbowl game party, and a Valentine's Day fundraising dinner. But besides the programs, he more importantly is working on hearing from the Lord in his relationship series of "Me and My..." . Both he and I have had a few opportunities to follow up with specific students encouraging them, challenging them, in their relationships. We are also going through the book Secondhand Jesus which is bringing out some great discussion in Mana Akua.
We are still working on a Colorado trip with our students, any advice or help, please send it our way. God knows who is suppose to go and what is suppose to happen. Our challenge is to help these students fundraise.
Also, I'll be in Colorado Feb 15-21 for a Bridal shower and a Baby shower...this summer will be busy:)
Also, David and I were looking at a house a long time ago. We called on it and an offer had already been made. For some reason, I really felt like this was suppose to be our house. Well, it just went back on the market because it fell out of escrow...so pray that if this is suppose to be our home, despite us not knowing what we are doing, God would open doors and close doors.
Well that's all for now folks! Send emails our way...and we love mail:)
1044 Komohana St
Hilo, HI 96720
David and Kelsey

1 comment: