Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year in progress

Howdy friends and family on the cold cold mainland (however i hear it's warming up)
Just a bit of an update from Hilo. Well the last of the company is gone for a while. My Uncle Dave, Aunt Susan, Haley, and her fiancee Andrew were here from Saturday-Tuesday AM. We had such a great time with them. We went to the beach, snorkeling, waterfalls, great ocean sites, dolphin watching, boogie boarding, and ate great food (you know you want to come)! Wow, who knew you could do all that in just a few days. David was able to take his day off on Monday, so we were able to spend some more time with them. Haley is getting married in June, so a lot of our conversations were based on the wedding...oh exciting times! I, however, did not have to take the day off, in fact, since Friday my client went missing. I showed up to work Friday and found out he didn't catch the bus. Monday...same thing. So after a lot of phone calls, rumors, and disappointment, I found out my client's father moved to the mainland without telling me, the school, or my agency. Not sure what to think about the whole situation, but right now I don't have a consistent job. But you know what, I was reading the book of Colossians today where Paul talks about learning to be content no matter the situation or circumstance. So that's where the Lord continues to lead us...into opportunties where we, no matter the circumstance, can learn to be content. Last night I prayed that I would get a sub opportunity today. At 8am, I still hadn't gotten a phone call from anyone saying they needed a sub, so I went into work with David thinking that maybe tomorrow. But sure enough 9:15 I got a call from my supervisor saying someone needed a sub! So I was able to work today and have a job lined up for Thursday. So I'm sure these next couple weeks will be watching God provide day by day! It's a good reminder to take nothing for granted.

Other good news today, David is officially a licensed missionary church pastor. His certificate and card came today. So you may now officially call him Pastor David Allen Poole. Sounds official? That was a huge answer to prayer and blessing to us. David made a comment that he was glad they confirmed the calling he already knew about:) My husband...:)

Well once life gets back on track again, we'll post some pics...hang tight we'll get them up soon.
Advancing His Kingdom,
Kelsey

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry I hope to be visiting in the near future, and by future I mean March, so still a little bit away, but soon enough. I'm actually sitting in my hotel right now just outside of Denver, which is exciting... I love your home state, hope all is going well, and I'll make sure to keep you both in my prayers have a good weekend, and we'll talk to you later and see ya in a few months

    ReplyDelete