Tuesday, January 5, 2010

first week into a new year...a new decade

Can you believe it is already 2010? It seems like just yesterday I was planning a wedding, now here I am 157 days into marriage (no I didn't do the math, and I'm not counting, that number is thanks to facebook). It still is pretty unbelievable we have entered a new decade. David and I had a great New Years, not overly exciting, but memorable. We had a few different options for parties, but in the end it ended up being the two of us and Trevor. For a while Trevor read, and David and I discussed and wrote our New Year goals/resolutions. Then we took time for all 3 of us to pray and make this new year Christ-centered and focused. I will say that David made a personal resolution to give me a foot rub once a day. Jealous? Well, he is 3/5, but you know what, I'm still honored that he'd be so bold as to rub my feet...daily for that matter. Yes, I do have an awesome husband.
Well, my folks took off Sunday. Sunday wasn't much of a vacation for them though. David and I were at the church until 1:30am (David put in a 17hour day on Sat) renovating the upstairs...its in progress, but looking good, we then launched our first Fuel service of the year, followed by our Jr/Sr/College small group, then a Parent Meeting, and a Parent Conference which were well attended by our youth and parents. So after a restful vacation, we sent my parents off exhausted and needing rest. We'll plan better next time mom and dad, sorry:( But we really had a great time with them. David and I enjoyed a week of mostly vacation, a little bit of work on the Kona side. We were able to hike some of the Waipio Valley, just think Pikes Peak incline Hawaiian style), snorkel, whale watch, kayak, lava watching and enjoying a lot of time in the sun. We also ate lots of food, training for half -marathon here I come!!
Our next round of guests are my Uncle Dave and Aunt Susan and Haley and her fiance Andrew. They come this Saturday. We are looking forward to having them here, and to finally catching up on wedding plans for Haley.
Well David's been working, and I start work tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing my client, but anticipate a lot of work is ahead. It's amazing what is lost in a 2.5 week time span. Oh well, I'm thankful for a job, that's for sure.
What can you be praying for? David and I and our marriage. With busyness, expectations, and such we need to continue to make time for one another and cultivating our marriage. So please continue to keep us in your prayers. We are so excited for what God is doing, but we never want to lose site of one another in the process.
With that, God has given me a specific vision for something this year. As a dreamer and visionary, I'm excited to take it and run. But God needs to prepare the way. So I'm just looking to him on his timing.
Relationships in the youth ministry! We want to go deeper and get to know the students even better!
Youth leaders, we need more youth leaders to pour into our students...anyone? You could be an answer to our prayer!

Well more to come...what were your new year resolutions...we would like to hear from you?
kelsey.poole09@yahoo.com

Aloha from Hawaii,
Kelsey

pics to come

No comments:

Post a Comment