Thursday, November 5, 2009

wow, God is good ...*your response*all the time...*your response*

Well another aloha from Kawika and I (if you don't know who Kawika is please read the blog below, if you can't remember then read the blog below:)
I am sitting here writing on a very rainy Hilo day. I've actually been cold here. Yes, I know it is Hawaii, David makes me very aware of that on a daily basis, but I'm still cold. Ok, ok I'm getting spoiled with all this nice weather, I'll admit it. I was actually sitting on the beach talking to some of you all yesterday. It was a beautiful day, just enough breeze to make it cool but just enough sun to get a tan:) Wow, we are so spoiled to live here. I'm trying to never take this place for granted. Just remember if you are sitting there in cold snowy weather on the mainland, that we love visitors:)
Well God is good. And He is good all the time! Amen?!
David and I continue to be amazed in how He answers prayer. One of our most consistent prayer requests has been, "Lord please help us meet friends our age". We are so thankful for our friends younger and older than us, but our desire is to have some friends our age. Well a gal from work invited me almost a month ago to come to their young adult Bible study hosted by a Nazarene Church here in Hawaii. It was on a Tuesday and all our Tuesdays in Oct were pretty booked. So I told here we'd be there the first Tuesday in November. I'll be honest, I may be the only one like this out there, but Tuesday rolled around and I began trying to talk myself out of going. I was giving excuses like "It'd be nice to be home tonight, I have a lot to do" or "We don't have many free nights open this week" or "What happens if we don't fit in" or "Maybe this is a cult (ok a little extreme)". But really truly I was trying to give every excuse not to go. When we pulled up to the house I then started thinking, "What's our escape plan if it doesn't go well" and "Should we set a time limit, because I want to get home fast". Well thankfully, I just kept those thoughts to myself and we proceeded into the house. And ya'll can I just tell you a peace flooded our hearts within the first 2 minutes being there. There are Colorado connections galore (sp?), the guys there love to do guy things just like David. David actually went out surfing with them the next AM at 5:30! One of the gals, the one who invited us to begin with, loves to run and was looking for someone to run the half marathon with in March (I too was looking for a running buddy since my husband and father are now competing to see which one out of the 2 can win a 13.1 mile race). We just had such a peace and were so excited to be a part of college/young married couples small group who share our loves and passions but most importantly are committed to Jesus Christ and following Him! So yay, praise the Lord for an answered prayer!
David and I are finding that our free time when we are home at night is filled with reading books. He has been reading ThusSaith the Lord by John Bevere and I've been reading Mark Batterson's Wild Goose Chase (great book) and A Calling of a Generation by Evangeline Werner (I think it is a must read for everyone). Wow, God has been challenging us so much! There is a bigger and better life for us to live. Not financially or materially, but what God wants to do in our lives when we completely surrender to Him. David and I are finally beginnng that journey. We want the fullness that God has in store and we are trying to do everything we can to not settle for less. Easier said than done btw. So if you need a bit of a kickstart or a refreshing...I highly recommend those books!
We love our place in Hilo. We'll post pics soon.
Our mentors are really encouraging us to take a Sabbath. The Bible stresses the importance of taking a Sabbath. Sheree said, "God doesn't need you to work an extra day" it is not like He needs us to get the job done. He'll use us yes, but taking a Sabbath is another way of trusting the Lord that He's the author and completer or all the work begun and is still to do.
They have also encouraged us to read together. So we are starting a book called Chasing the Dragon and we are reading it together. I feel like such a little kid asking David, "what does this word mean?" because it has been so long since I've had to focus on ALL the words instead of just skimming the ones I don't know. But boy am I married to a smart man, he seems to have a definition for every word I stumble over. Gosh, did he study the dictionary when he was little or something?!?

Ok, got to go pick up pizza for a leader's meeting. Oh yea, we are trying to recruit leaders. Interested? Let us know! Training starts Nov 17... you can always follow the Wild Goose and move to Hawaii :)

We'll post pics soon, promise! And I'll post some prayer requests too!
BTW, thanks for all the comments people have sent through emails and facebook either as encouragement or questioning some things I say. I don't claim to have all the right answers or say the right things...I'll just always point to the One who does and hope that together we can go before Him and He can reveal the Truth to us. So keep it coming! kelsey.poole09@yahoo.com

All Pau!

No comments:

Post a Comment