Saturday, August 6, 2011

Eventful week

l
a


Aloha from the Big Island,
I'm sure you all are more up to speed on the current world economic situation than I am. However, reading a few articles here and there, I've come to the conclusion that Jesus is coming back soon. You may be scratching your head and saying, "Of course Kelsey, we have been hearing that for a while now". That being the case, here's the challenge to all of us. As I was journaling this AM, a thought hit me. All of our lives we have heard that "Jesus is coming back soon", but how many of us are really ready for His return. Now I don't mean "ready" as in we want to travel, or have kids, or live life a little more. I mean "ready" in that our hearts are clean, and we are walking in righteousness and holiness. I believe the church is going to see a time of refinement, of purification. Purification as seen in the Bible are hard times, times that sort the real followers of Jesus from the fakes. Are we ready for some challenging times ahead? Is Jesus really truly our rock? Are we ready for His return?

Well a little update on the Poole life:
David is going through interviews to be a Team Lead at Target (a position of management). Please keep him in your prayers, as this position would be a blessing in many ways for us.

I, Kelsey, have been BUSY on the boat! An absolute huge blessing. We just added a Japanese translator to our crew members, and have been able to host Japanese guests Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. This has been a huge addition and step for the company! We have more expansion ahead. I tell you, I never thought I'd be doing marketing, reservations, and boat crew for a Swim with Dolphin and Whale Watching boat in Hawaii...how crazy is that! God truly does equip us for His desire in our lives.

A sad day for kiting, I ripped my pink kite. I took a hard fall, and my 4 yr old kite split. Thankfully, some new friends volunteered to help fix it, and I hope in a few days I will be seeing my repaired pink kite back up and running! My other kite is in need of a few more repairs too, before it is back up and running...so it has been a slow kiting week needless to say.

I will be back in Colorado in a month, and in Indiana in a Month and a week! Look forward to catching up with friends and family!

David and I had a wonderful anniversary. Thank you for the anniversary wishes. The best anniversary is a simple anniversary: chinese food, red wine, and dark chocolate while watching Andy Griffith shows!

Aloha ke Akua,
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment