Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fall just around the corner



Aloha friends and family,
I seem to have a lot of pics of David and the cat, Kapule, sleeping. I guess for a guy who gets up at 4 am needs a nap every now and then.

Just a little update. Most of you have heard about David's promotion. I'm very proud of him, and look forward to seeing the skills and leadership he will develop through this position.

I too am having to learn some leadership skills in my job as well. Although it is easier for me to just do, I've been asked to train our new employees, which has made me step back and re-think all my leadership readings and classes. Although it's not in a ministry setting with a bunch of teenagers, I am learning that one can still use the same skills and ideas. It's been fun as I've been learning a lot in the business world, and really fun when business takes place on the ocean. Now do I get my captain's license is the question?

I am looking forward to being back in Colorado on the 8th of Sept and in Indiana a little after that. Unfortunately, David won't be coming with me. We really felt that he needed to stay because of his new job and the cat. It's a good thing, because it looks like he may be in Hilo training while I'm in Colorado...perfect timing I must say.

My kite ripped about a month ago, and thanks to a fellow kiter from San Diego who volunteered to fix my kite for free, I'm back in the kiting world. It is a very multi-colored kite, but it is working once again which I'm thankful for. Although I was thinking I was becoming an intermediate kiter, I was put in my place quickly by my fellow kiters. So still at the beginning stage, I'm working on toe side kiting and jumps.

Although our life in Hawaii is good, we do miss friends and family. Our hope is to find a community soon over in Kona that can encourage, uplift, and focus us in our faith in Jesus Christ. We are so blessed for our friends and family in Colorado, Indiana, Hilo...now our prayer is Kona. Just because we aren't in "ministry" God can still use our vocations and or recreational activities to love others as Jesus would love them. Please pray for friends in David's and I lives, friends that can keep us focused on Him even in the busyness in life. I was listening to Rob Brendle's sermon on friends...and my heart's desire is to find fellowship like that in our lives now.

For those in Hilo-we'll be visiting this Friday and Saturday (2 and 3)
For those in Colorado-I'll be visiting Sept 8
For those in Indiana- I'll be visiting on the 16th

See you all soon:)

Love,
Kelsey








No comments:

Post a Comment