Monday, July 11, 2011

Putty-cat


We are like proud parents, always posting pictures of their kids, however our kid is a pussy cat. So bear with us as we continue to post different poses of Kapule. (Dani and Ryan, we now know what you mean with an animal being like your child). We keep telling her that Grandma and Grandpa are coming out to visit (I'm not sure how thrilled my parents are to be grandparents of a kitty, but they are since Kapule is the first child-like thing in our lives). So starting next Sunday, my folks will get to meet the one and only- pudgy-cuddly-whiny Kapule.

This week has been very busy as I completed my 30 hour substitute training certification course. My schedule consisted of work for 6+ hours, kite, come home, eat something and love on the kitty (maybe see my husband:), and head to the local high school to sit in class for almost 4 hours. Needless to say, I was exhausted and ready for it to be over. If I pass my test tomorrow (a supposedly 3 hour test) then I become a certified sub in the state of Hawaii (new credentials since Hawaii's education system is lacking and they needed government grants). Although I love my job on the boat, I don't want to give up on working with teens, so I decided that subbing would be a good fall back when the tourist season is slow.

Randomly, I will throw in here that David is in the process of doing his first oil change EVER! At the age of 24, he now, with the help of his amazing father over the phone, is hopefully going to start his career of Poole car maintenance:) I can only hope. Car repairs are expensive, especially in Hawaii!

Well David has been averaging 35 hours a week, a huge blessing. He now also does cashier work at Target too. Broadening his positions at Target, a very good thing I believe. He is kinda starting to pick up running again...and did dive a good deal yesterday!

I continue to stay pretty busy on the boat. I have such a blast meeting a bunch of new people every day. And I really enjoy the captain and girls I work with...it is nice to look forward to going to work. Your prayers are appreciated as I hope to continue to help generate more business for this company, Adventure X Rafting, than from past years, but I know I can't do it alone. It will only be through the grace and love of Jesus. He is the only reason I have this job...I mean who knew meeting the captain at the beach randomly, we'd be living in Kona and doing what we are doing...actually it was because of Him we are even in Hawaii...although it has been quite a journey thus far. One I hope we don't have to repeat for a long long time!

I'll be back in Colorado in a couple months, looking forward to catching up with family and friends...then yes, I will be heading to Mishawaka, In. So all ya'll who are in the area, let's plan a get together!! Unfortunately, I think David has to stay and work...but we are still looking into it.

I've been watching a lot of my girls from RAing at Bethel, getting married! Congrats to those who are or are getting married this summer! And a random comment: but for those who aren't...keep praying for your prince charming...there's no rush!! God will bring him in His perfect timing.

Just today I had an awesome phone conversation with Donna, a wonderful friend back in Hilo. She reminded me that God prunes us to produce fruit. Often times we think that fruit comes in the form of bringing people to Jesus. But in reality, what is the fruit God mentions in the Bible? Gal 5:22: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control, right? Well to me that sounds pretty inwardly...therefore the fruit is becoming inwardly transformed to the likeness of Jesus Christ. So...i can't believe I'm going to say this...but bring on the pruning. But we can only be pruned, if we are plugged into the vine which is Jesus Christ. Without Him, I sure wouldn't have a lot of hope...and I'm so thankful to have Jesus in my life!

Love you all!!

Kelsey

2 comments:

  1. Back to Mishawaka?!?! Oh I can only hope to see you when you're here. I'm in the area until the last week of Sept. then I'm moving back to Iowa. Lord willing I'll see your face this side of heaven again! I miss you, Kels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kitty soo cute!! can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete