Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday the 13th special update




Well, the reason that this blog post is so special is because it is David that is writing it! Yes, I know, I decided to add my voice to the blog for a very special reason, and that is to let you know how awesome my Friday the 13th has been. It's my birthday, and there have been some really cool things that have been popping up in my life.

First of all, I want to say thanks to everyone who sent me letters and cards for my birthday. The other day I checked up on the blog to see how it was going, and saw what Kelsey wrote, asking people to send things notes to encourage me. It was such a huge blessing when I started to get them! I cannot thank you all enough. It was super awesome that you guys did that and I am blown away by your kindness towards me.

Secondly, this week I found out about a men's pick-up roller hockey league. Many of you may not know this about me, but I played roller hockey from a really young age until middle school (I think it was the end of my seventh grade year). I've always loved hockey, but never thought that I'd be able to play in Hawaii, and now I am! It was a blast getting back on skates and playing again. It is going to be a regular part of my life now twice a week.

Last night Kelsey and I celebrated my birthday at Outback steakhouse. It was a huge treat to enjoy a wonderful dinner with my wife, talking about the things that God has been doing in our lives and looking ahead to some goals, dreams and thoughts about our future. It's been really comforting to learn, by tried and true experience lately, to be able to trust God more with our future that I ever knew that I would need to. It's been an awesome time growing in Christ, though not always the most fun. However I am confident in Jesus that it is the very best thing for me, and that He is providing in amazing ways! (More on that in a bit)

Today I got to help out on the boat for Adventure X Rafting with Kels and Captain Casey. It was a huge privilege to be able to help them and the guests today, and I was able to jump in with the guests and swim with the wild dolphins. They are absolutely stunning creatures! We found a pod of about 40 dolphins today. I was trying to interact with them and help the dolphins feel comfortable with a group of 18 humans clumsily moving through the water, and boy they sure decided to like us and hang with us today! Four different times I dove down about 10-15 feet and kinda spun around to invite them to play with us. All four time I would have dolphins surround me (usually three) and kind of corkscrew around my and play near me an a couple guests. (it was almost like they were playing ring around the rosie around me, and instead of falling down they would swim away. It was really cool though!) The last time I did, four dolphins surrounded me and played around. One was so close that his tail bumped into the back of my head as he passed by me! It was such a cool trip! It made me more grateful than ever that we have a wonderful, creative Creator who made these creatures so that we could experience them in this way! I am going to help out on the boat again tomorrow, which will be nice because I'll know how to better be able to help serve Captain Casey, Kels and the guests with the trip tomorrow because of what I learned today!

The last bit of update is that I start my new job at Target this next week! My orientation is on Tuesday, so I'll be finding out all my hours and a better description of my job then. It is such a blessing to get a job with a stable company in this crazy economy, and I see where God was waiting to provide on my behalf. It was hard to move to the Kona side because I didn't have a job lined up yet, but within a week of moving over here I got the Target job! Sometimes in life we need to take that leap of faith, and I sure did!

So here are some pics of Kelsey and I before my birthday dinner and one of my niece, the adorable Bella Bonacic. Thanks to Tracy for emailing that to us!

I hope that you all find the arms of Christ and strong, protecting, reassuring, and comforting as I have been lately. Thanks for reading, and who knows the next time I'll write is!

David

No comments:

Post a Comment