Friday, March 11, 2011

Tsunami!

Thanks for the phone calls, emails and facebook messages. We are fine. Tsunami sirens started going off around 11:00 last night. We are out of the tsunami zone, but barely. There was no knock on the door to evacuate, so I figured we'd be fine. David was actually at work...yes...work...he is a security guard and works nights...and was much closer to the beach than me. They didn't send him home, so I figured the wave wasn't going to be as big as they thought. It did some damage to the west side of the islands. I was actually looking at some facebook pictures from the Kona area, and the damage is more significant than thought. I guess Bubba Gump's furniture was seen floating and the Alii Dr. looked a bit disrupted.
Let's all be praying for those in Japan. What a catastrophe!

Update more later!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=91Wh0_yNJhc  to see what it looked like in Kona.

Love,
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment