Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Post tsunami...it seems to be a yearly thing...


















In case you can't read this pizza, I surprised David with a delivery from Pizza Hut that was a pep pizza that spelled out I love you with the pepperoni s.







"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging..." Psalm 46: 1-3

Well the good news is, God is still God despite such a horrific event as the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. And in fact, horrific events point to the fact that Jesus is coming...soon! So my encouragement is this: Press into Him and allow Him to become your refuge and strength, no matter what situation you are facing.

Well, as I alluded to in the last blog, David has a job. He is officially a "rent-a-cop" (as he came home saying). But really, he is a security guard and works 3 12 hour graveyard shifts (6pm-6am). I know many of us would find that shift to be that of torture, but my husband, being the night owl that he is, seems to be doing well, so far. Because he watches vacant buildings (now you are really confused...) he is allowed to read. Going back to the job description, he patrols around these vacant buildings every so often so nothing out of the ordinary happens (vandalism, mischief, loitering, etc.). Despite a long and treacherous 12 hours, David is attempting to learn Spanish and has read a book a night. In fact, there was one book called UNBROKEN which he spent his whole shift reading. And when I got up that morning, I found him on the couch still reading that same book. You know it must be a good book when one is still reading after a 12 hour night shift. It has the Poole stamp of approval.

As for me, I have no such thing as a routine/schedule any more. Some days I'm in Kona working the boat (which my day begins at 4am), and some days I'm working in the schools, and some days I have off because either bad weather or no student...so each day has me guessing. It's definitely out of my comfort zone, since I'm one that thrives off of a routine.

As for our lives, we have no idea what the future holds. We are planning on staying in Hawaii through the summer- Lord-willing, but have no idea what's after that. Our hearts are to stay here for a little longer, but as always we are holding our desires loosely as we seek His will for our lives. Needless to say, I do feel stuck and direction-less, but hope that all changes quickly.

We are looking forward to my folks coming out here Saturday for their 5th visit since we've been here (I believe you can call this their second home:). I'm hoping to take them whale watching on Monday. And they'll be here to either cheer us on to the finish line or scraping us off the pavement as we look to complete the Hilo half-marathon this Sunday. Your prayers are appreciated.

Well, today is one of those days off, better go find something to do:)
Love and for those on the mainland (miss you),
Kelsey


No comments:

Post a Comment