Wednesday, February 24, 2010

it's been a while






Whew, well hello, I'm back again.

It has been a busy couple weeks. Some of you I saw just this past week in the snowy and very cold state of Colorado. But before I get there...let me back up...
Friday, Feb 12, we had a Valentine's Day dinner. Let me just say, I am so incredibly proud of our students and my husband. A lot of behind the scenes needed to happen, and my job has me working about 8.5 hours a day, which does not give me much time to do anything else (we are working on that right now). So David, who has not been much of an event planner in the past, did an incredible job down to the detail of getting things set up. That night, the students took over and ran the whole event. They did great! And many compliments were shared; the adults were so impressed with how the students presented themselves...so way to go HMC Sonlife!

David and I then had a very random trip to Oahu. We were suppose to meet my dad for a movie set (a movie called Soul Surfer), but things were postponed, but David and I were left with tickets to Oahu and a hotel in Honolulu...so we went ahead and went. What turned out to be a very expensive Vday had many memories made as well. David and I rented our first working car (email me if you would like that story). We then went and drove around the island. Many of you recieved my texts that we saw John Locke from the TV series LOST...yes, be jealous:) We laid on Waikiki beach, walked downtown Honolulu, watched surfers at Sunset beach, ate delicious shrimp from the shrimp farm...good times:)
David then had a 5 day conference in Oahu and I went to Colorado to visit family and put on a bridal shower for my beautiful cousin/sister getting married in June. While home I saw family, my doggies and horses, went snowboarding with my dad, and ate some really amazing food. We don't have Chipotle in Hawaii, but please don't let that discourage anyone from coming:) However, this was the first time away from my husband for a long time, and I missed him very much. It was so good to see him at the airport on Sunday, picking me up in our God-car, and heading to our apartment which has an ocean view, knowing we both have work Monday...I say all this not to boast in myself, because left unto me or David we would have nothing...nothing of value at least. But because it has been God all the way, and even despite our mistakes He still provides, protects, loves, gives, etc...we are Amazed at God's goodness. So I say all that to brag on God, He has been so good to us, and we are so blessed!

Hope to see you soon on the Island,
DAVID AND KELSEY

prayer requests:
Colorado Trip-financing for us and our students, a dorm to stay all together, a 15 passenger van or transportation for 15, and safety, and most importantly for God to impact our students in an incredible way...First hand experience!!!!

David heads to Kauai for another conference this weekend, then I head to Oahu for the movie set the weekend after...so good and sweet time together...when we are together

My job...trying to move back into the school setting...but needing wisdom and clarity if that is the right thing to do...but still blessed that I have work

Working on a proposal that could impact this island, church, maybe my job, and those who are a part of this proposed idea in an incredible way

We are wanting to move into a new apartment or better yet a house soon...maybe based on this proposal...but some specifics...at least 2 bedrooms, a great place to host youth and other people, safe neighborhood, good parking, pets allowed, and affordable!


Thanks for joining in our prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment