Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Another day in Paradise...







Hi everyone,
Life has been great here in Hawaii. Kels and I are settling in really well. Have been having a great time here at church and learning to really connect with the students and the church family. And while that is the main deal going on with us, we also want to explore and create new memories and hobbies while we are out here. So we decided to go with some of our friends Art and Donna to the other side of the island so that we could enjoy a nice beach, snorkel, and so that I could learn how to spearfish. We had a great time hanging out in God's creation with one another, even though we didn't catch any fish. While snorkeling, we saw about 7 sea turtles chilling around and they were awesome to see. I love underwater life. Part of the way through the day, uncle Mike showed up as he had flown into Kona for work (rough job being a pilot huh?). He joined us and we were all having a great time. After a while, we noticed one turtle that had come way up into the shallows and was swimming around there. It almost looked like he was trying to beach on a couple of rocks right along the shoreline. So we all went over to look at how awesome this creature of God was. While I was snapping photos of the little guy, he suddenly disappeared in the sand that got all kicked up in the water from a bigger wave. Someone mentioned, Where is he? when we couldn't see him for a bit. Then, out of no where, I feel something hit both my legs. Startled, I stammered "he's on me!" and there was the turtle, trying to pass between my legs. It was a crazy experience to have a sea turtle try to tackle you for taking his picture, but one I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment