Tuesday, September 15, 2009

all in a day











Aloha family and friends
Just wanted to give you an update on our lives. This weekend was a fairly busy weekend for us. Saturday David went and did a fundraiser with the students which was bagging cinder. About 8 students showed up and they have already earned about 200 dollars. I took the AM off and caught up on housework and phone calls. It was very much needed and I felt very refreshed! I was caught by total surprise when David came back home with...flowers...for me:) I have the bestest husband EVER! We then headed to another youth pastor's home where we watched the Notre Dame vs Michigan game. Trevor, we were rooting hard for ND, we are so sorry for your loss. Sunday, David began a new 3 month series called Boot Camp. He began by giving the State of the Union address. He did great, and I believe his message was well received. Also, that night we had a parent meeting which went well, and I again was very impressed with David and his love and passion for these students.
Monday has been our day off thus far. Today we went to Kona (on the opposite side of the island). We used all our Target gift cards and bought a bedspread, pillows, candles, vacuum, swiffer, chair...etc. We then had an amazing time at the beach!! I took pictures to show you all the drastic climate change on this island. In two hours we witnessed desert, ranch land, forest, and jungle. We live on such a crazy island, but it's amazing and I believe really witnesses to God's creativity.

We are also excited to share that Christina (David's sis) got married today as well. We wished we could have been there, but heard it was a beautiful event! Congrats Christina and Pablo!
PRAISES!
God is truly teaching David and I (esp me) to be content in all things. Everything we have is His!Sometimes we get caught up in the things we don't have, but instead we need to thank Him for the things we have. And we are blessed, very very blessed!!
-Great weekend together, with friends, church family, and students
-My mom is coming out mid-October
PRAYER REQUESTS
-I need a job!! (Please cover us in your prayers as I seek a part-time or full time but flexible) job!!
-We need to trade our car, or buy a new one, that has better MPG
-We would love to move (actually buy a house) closer to Hilo
-We are trying to send David, and maybe me, home for Pablo and Christina's wedding
celebration
-Lanai patio furniture
-

No comments:

Post a Comment