Saturday, January 8, 2011

family











































800 dollars in travel vouchers, two meal vouchers, and a night in the San Francisco Double Tree hotel -later, here we are sitting in the airport on our way back home with a lot to reflect on. As most of you know, David and I took some vacation time and travelled back to Colorado for the Holidays and Kelsey Travis (now Lantz)'s wedding. It was a wonderful retreat and great to see friends and family. We spent 3 days celebrating Christmas with each "section" of family. It was so special to see our almost 6 month old niece, Bella Cosette, and watching Pablo and Christina parent. It made David's vacation, when Bella fell asleep on his chest while we were all talking. What a special gift, and we believe God has awesome things in store for that little girl. We also were able to play with my aunt's new little australian shepherd puppy, Nellie. It's like having a 2 year old in the house. The attention that was required for that little ball of fur was unbelievable, but very very worthwhile.
David and I were also able to play a little. We went up with my sister/cousin and her hubby to go snowboarding . With fresh powder and a little sunshine, we had a great time. David and I also took a little adventure to go snowshoeing. What could have been a good time, turned sour due to my idea to take our three dogs. It was quite comical watching David balance snowshoes and a dog as big as a small horse. And I decided I could handle our two rambuncious goldens...hahaha!


*** (Sunday)We are now back in Hilo, awaiting what God has in store for the New Year. We know a challenge lays before us, and our trust is in the Lord. I tell you, I love Hawaii, and I loved seeing the students today. We want what God wants! We covet your prayers and encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment