Thursday, May 6, 2010

Colorado coming soon

Aloha friends and family,
Happy Mothers Day to all you moms. David and I believe, actually know, that we are truly blessed to have incredible mothers and grandmothers! So thank you moms and grandmas for being incredible, dealing with us in our off days, praying for us continuously, loving us unconditionally.

Well a few updates in our lives. I an article for Susie magazine, and it will be featured in the September issue. For those who don't know, Susie mag is a Christian magazine for teen girls. I did my internship with Susie last Spring (2009). Since then I've done a few "Guy Talk" interviews, and just wrote up an article about "Surfing with Bethany Hamilton" (the gal who lost her arm in a shark attack but still continues to surf). Needless to say, I'm thrilled!

Things are going well with the church. As an answer to prayer, we now have a little more parent involvement when it comes to the task of fundraising. Let me tell you, fundraising here ain't easy. But we keep trusting the Lord for his provision!

As for David and I, come this summer we will be stepping out in faith in a few areas of our lives. A lot of changes are going to be happening in my vocation, which can be scary but I believe these changes will realign me in God's calling in my life. We appreciate your prayers as we "chase the wild goose (Holy Spirit)" in His leading in our lives. It truly makes us trust him more for our needs.

I'll be back in Colorado a month from today (June 6). So, I'd love to see you all. The Hawaii students come out June 16-30. We are looking for help with transportation, host homes/facilities, and food. If you can help in either area we'd greatly appreciate it! Below is a brief schedule of our plans. Again, if you can help on any day (driving, housing, food) please email me kelsey.poole09@yahoo.com

16-Students arrive, tag youth group
17-Tour Colorado Springs
18-Tour Denver, indoor sky diving
19-Homeless ministry downtown C/S
20- NLC church, mini golf, pizza and a movie (Haley's wedding)
21- In the mountains camping
22- In the mountains camping
23- Waliszewski ranch day
24- Desperation Conference
25- Desperation Conference
26- Desperation Conference
27- Denver United Church, chillax day
28- Boating Pueblo resevoir
29- Rock climbing Garden of the gods
30- Leave early in the AM

Aloha ke Akua,
David and Kelsey

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could join you on this adventure...lol! Man...brings back soo many memories...indoor skydiving...Garden of the Gods...Chipotle...Punch Bowls...Waliszewski ranch to name a few ;)
    You will have a great time! and I know God will provide for the trip!!

    Let me know how it goes! Love ya guys! and Miss you ALOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kels!!! I'm so glad to hear things are going well. I think of and pray for you guys often! Are Andrew & Nate with you guys yet? Tell them both hello if they are! Andrew & I worked together at the Acorn...he's a lot of fun and I'm sure you'll have a blast working with him this summer! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete