Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Time






Just wanted to give you all, friends, family and complete strangers who just happened on this site, an update on David and I and our life in Hilo. I continue to thank God for allowing us to live in Hilo, have a roof over our heads and food to eat, jobs, and new friends and church family here. We are blessed. But, I won’t lie, I do get the occasional homesickness. I miss my family…Brother at school (I miss our coffee dates), parentals, Grandmas, Aunts and Uncles and especially my cousin, who I am missing all the wedding planning…soon enough though Haley, soon enough… I miss my Bethel friends, especially my girls (HS girls too). But it’s cool to see God doing different things in each of our lives. Laura just left for Columbia to start a new job, Rach getting married in June, Britt in Africa, Beth getting married in July, Dani a teacher, Danni an RA, Emily in DC, Ali in ministry with hubby, Jenna moving doing a dream of hers…and so much more! Then I look at some of my HS girl friends. Meg and hubby in Spain, Kels getting married in Jan and moving to Ireland. Britt G traveling all across the country doing crazy mountain things with hubby, and more. Wow, God is good and is using us in incredible ways. That I’m so thankful for that.
Well, things are going well here in Hilo. We are thinking we are going to move out of the apt at the end of May…hurray! We’ll be housesitting for half of June and then off to Colorado…so hopefully we won’t be having to pay for Rent that month which would be a huge blessing! Be praying things open up for a housing option for July at least through December.
David and I had a super busy 2 weeks before Easter. Easter the students did a fabulous job presenting the gospel through drama, song, and signing. We are so proud of them and grateful to one of our leaders for all her hard work. Life has kinda settled down for a while. We are working on fundraising, team building, and details of the Colorado trip while still running Mana Akua Thursday nights and Fuel on Sunday mornings. We also have been trying to do more Bible Study and mentoring with the students (David with the boys and I with the girls).
I feel like I’m on pause in my job. Still praying things will open up with Bethel and unsure about this coming Fall. Lord will reveal it in due time.
Well for those who are getting nice weather on the mainland, it is your turn to point and mock. We have been getting a LOT of rain here in Hilo. David and I are looking to go to the other side of the island or the top of the volcano and do some Hiking and see some sunshine…we are sure missing the sun! We are looking to hike an old rainforest, and also to a green sand beach…how fun is that!
Also, quick story from Easter. We had a Baptism sunrise service at 6:00 AM Sunday AM. As we were singing
“Praise God to whom all blessing flow
Praise Him all creatures here below”…
We saw a mom and baby whale, not even 50 yds off shore breach (come out of the water) over and over again. So appropriate because, they too, were praising God I believe. So us and the whales were praising God for his faithfulness in fulfilling His love and promise to humanity!
David, Pastor Daniel, and the fathers baptized 4 kids on Sunday. A little girl, a 5th grader, a 6th grader and a 7th grader. Continue to pray that these kids lives will be transformed by the love of work of the Holy Spirit!
Well that’s all for now folks
Love you all,
Kelsey
Please send us any response from any of our blogs to
Kelsey.poole09@yahoo.com
David.poole09@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment