Sunday, October 4, 2009

Mahalo ke Akua

Aloha ohana
As I'm learning a wealth about the language here, allow me to share with you some of my newly acquired knowlegde:
Howz it? (that's the pidgeon greeting here)
I'm pow (means I'm done)
There's choke food here, the dakine pizza and icecream in the fridge, eat that (means there is plenty of food here, you know the pizza and ice cream in the fridge, eat that)
Where's the rubbish? (means where is the trash can?)
Bra (means brother)
David guys (usually is in reference to David and I)
I hope that gives you a taste of the language here in Hawaii (the w is pronounced as a v)

Well, from Monday, our lives have calmed down a bit. Don't get me wrong, they are still very busy, but we have had a bit of a breather. We still thank God for our car everyday! We LOVE driving it. We did give the Jennings (our landlords) a 30 day notice for our residency in their apt. We really feel like God is calling us into Hilo, so we have a cracked door we are pursuing, and as long as things work out like we think they'll work out (haha, we tried that before) we'll be moving into a 2-bedroom apt in Hilo (downtown area with ocean view) at the end of the month. So we appreciate your prayers as we pray that this will be a smooth and less eventful process. We will miss our current beautiful apt, but we are excited to be more in town for the next 3 months. Come Jan 31, we will then decide to either renew a 6 month lease, or move again...so I guess the adventure continues. But since it is only David and I right now, why not make life an adventure :)? If anyone wants to share an adventure like ours, I'd suggest a good read. It's called Wild Goose Chase, and while reading it's challenged me in many areas of my walk, but also has confirmed many part of our current adventure. Again, great read!

Well we continue to praise God for:
our new car!
a roof over our heads
a wonderful job
a wonderful church family
building relationships (I had a great opportunity to build relationships with the women at HMC this weekend at a retreat)

Well our prayers are:
-I start job training for my substitute position at TIFFE (The Institute for Family Enrichment) as a paraprofessional. This means that I go into local schools and help special education teachers work 1 on 1 with students.
-David (and sometimes me) are "hosting" several Fall Break activities for the students this weekend. We are praying for fellowship, fun, safety, and even revelation!
-Besides the TIFFE position which would probably give me 13-15 hours of work a week, David and I are praying about an opportunity to work as an Independent Sales Consultant for Mary Kay. I know, some of you are rolling your eyes, but it's been on my heart and I can't deny it. I told the Lord, if this is a serious opportunity I don't want to seek clients from my church and/or family. Clients (that I would intentionally "sell" to would have to be outside of my circle of influence as of now). He would have to bring a completely new circle of influence in my life for a Mary Kay thing to work. So we are just starting to pray and look into things. Any advice, suggestions...please feel free to email me at kelsey.poole09@yahoo.com
-The apt working out, if not that apt, something to work out since we gave a 30 days notice
-The Jennings would be able to fill their apt and be blessed

God is good, we keep saying Mahalo ke Akua!

Mahalo ke Akua (Thank you God)

Aloha,
David and Kelsey


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things have calmed down a bit. I'll be praying for you as you begin the moving process again! :)
    Love you guys and I think of you often!
    Rose-

    ReplyDelete