Wednesday, April 20, 2011

SUP












SUP stands for Stand up Paddleboarding- a new sport I have fallen in love with. A little easier than kiteboarding, this sport requires patience and balance. This past weekend, David and I camped over in Kona. After work on Friday (on the boat) my boss let me take the new Stand up Paddle board for the day to practice and have fun. It is so relaxing to just cruise around the water, looking at the coral reefs below, and thanking God for his creativity.

Unfortunately, I've not been on the boat in a while. Friday we had a terrific day swimming with the dolphins and snorkeling with Manta Rays. On the way back we hit something, and our engines died. Thankfully, we had such a great group of folks on board, especially since we had to get towed in. So the boat is in repair, at least it's the slow tourist season. David was suppose to work with me on Saturday, what would have been his first time out on the boat doing the dolphin swim, but despite the craziness, we still had a great time in Kona. We even met up with a few families from the church and just fried on the beach. (Yes, fried. We all came back looking nice and toasty, even after several applications of sunscreen).

I'm really starting to get the hang of kiteboarding. I am so thankful of getting to do this life long dream and having a supportive hubby. It looks like we are going to move to Kona for at least the summer. We found an even smaller place than what we are living in now, but I think it will do. The way I see it, we are either going to be working and/or living at the beach. All we need is a place to store our things, a bed to sleep in, and food to eat. I think this small little studio will be just that until we can figure out what we are suppose to do. Let's just say, any house we get after this we are going to be REALLY thankful for...I'm sure it's going to be one of those stories we tell our kids someday..."Well kids, your dad and I lived in..." David keeps applying to jobs in Hilo and in Kona, we are praying something opens up soon! I guess we are taking a step of faith in this move....

So just a funny but also gross story. Reader discretion advised: We were bombarded by cockroaches last night. It was disgusting! I don't know why they all decided to come out at once but we had like 5 in the kitchen and 2 flying around as we were trying to go to bed. It gives me shivers just thinking about them...and they were huge...I have a fearless husband who is willing to sacrifice sleep for a wife who says "Honey, I hear another one...can you kill it". Hopefully, not that many cockroaches in Kona.

David is no longer working graveyard shifts, but his hours have been cut. He works 12 hr day shifts Wednesday and Thursday. I continue to work in SPED, when I'm not working on the boat.

I believe we have some visitors coming this summer. Some possible friends from FFI, Dani and Ryan McAfee, and maybe even some family.

Happy 26th Anniversary Gary and Ronda Poole!

Hope all is well. We treasure your prayers as things seem unclear at this time.

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment