Wednesday, February 9, 2011

To do or not to do...that is the question...




Whew! It's been busy folks. But for those who are at the edge of their seats waiting for our next blog, I didn't want to keep you waiting. And there are pictures. The fish you see, that was a Tuesday Night Bible Study dinner. Not too bad...biggest fish David has caught so far. Random fact: This particular fish eats coral and poops sand...weird!

Ok here's the update: Today I went to Kona to apply for jobs. I didn't realize that with hotel opportunities a cover letter and resume just dont cut it. So despite the many hours that I've spent on resumes and cover letters, I had to re-type all the information into their computer system to make it an "official legal document". In the end I made it to 2 hotels, 3 restaurants, and 4 retail stores. But here's the kicker. On my way over I was praying, "God would you just open doors and shut doors, this application process seems so unstable and tedious, would you just help". Well I decided between hotels and restaurants I'd stop by the beach and see if my kiteboarding buddies were there. Well after finding no one there, I was getting into my car when one of the kb guys came walking toward me. Well, I was in my interview get up (collar shirt, nice pants, heels...definately not something you go to the beach wearing) and began explaining the reasoning for my trip to Kona. Right away he said that he'd hire me for his boat crew, he was looking for his third crewman for his whale watching and dolphin trip excursion boat trips. Wow, this opportunity just literally fell into my lap! So now it's just praying and seeking the Lord.

So here's a little call out: Anyone who feels like taking a risk in this adventure called LIFE...give me a ring or email: kelsey.poole09@yahoo.com. David and I are praying about finding another couple or a couple of individuals...christians...who would love to move to Kona (either from Hilo or the mainland) and literally become missional beach bums. What does that mean? Well, we'd live cheap (splitting rent, sharing cars) but our purpose would be to connect with the Kona/Waikaloa community through recreation, jobs, and whatever else and share Jesus...interested...call us.

Please be praying that David would find a job! We need a job with health benefits and full time in Kona! Would you agree with us in prayer?

No comments:

Post a Comment