Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Good Update

Hey everyone! I just wanted to drop by and give and update on how life has been for Kels and I, since I practically never write any blogposts. But I really wanted to today because I have some great news! Recently I applied for a mid-managment level job at my Target store, and after a battery of interviews, I recently found out that I got the job! Its a big promotion for me, coming right after I was able to be promoted after working here for 90 days. I am really excited for this new season of my work! I'll be in charge of a couple of the sections of the store, helping team members learn and develop in their work and serving our guests with the best shopping experience in Kona. There will be some exciting challenges as I go through my training and begin to work in my new postion, but I know that I can get it done! Kels treated me to a wonderful dinner at the Seafood Bar in Kawaihae to celebrate my promotion. She is such an awesome wife like that! It really meant a lot for her to do that for me.

Life is in general going really well for the two of us. Busy as ever, but we have been making time to just relax and spend time chilling with each other (read: zoning out at the end of the day watching our favorite shows online and playing with our cat Kapule). Within a couple weeks Kels will be on the mainland visiting family in Colorado and then to Indiana to see Trevor and hopefully a lot of our Bethel family, while I hold the fort down here in Hawaii. We'd love to hear how life is for all of you on the mainland, so feel free to comment with what's going on in your world!

David

No comments:

Post a Comment