Monday, June 6, 2011

Umauma Zip Line





Aloha family and friends,

I apologize for not having written for a while. Time seems to fly by. Well, can you believe it is already June? I sure can't.

Adventure X Rafting seems to keep me busy. Not only am I working boat crew, but I'm doing the reservations and marketing. We've had some great trips and interaction with the dolphins. I think the best day of the season was Saturday. There were over 100 dolphins just chilling next to our boat. Our guests were able to spend over an hour in the water with them. They were swimming all around us, underneath us, and even next to us. I was able to get in the water and try to get some underwater camera shots, we'll see how those turn out. On Sunday, David and I and the captain and his wife went to Umauma Experience to go Zip lining. We have worked out a referral partnership, and are looking forward to the opportunity to generate business for one another. I also will be working for them (the zipline company) as a subcontractor for sales on the west side of the island. God is good!

David seems to be enjoying his job at Target. He really likes the people he works with, and the 4 am morning don't seem to be so bad:) Although he is like a Zombie leaving the house (I'm learning he doesn't function well...yet...that early in the morning). His hours seem to be increasing, and he has been told he is on track to become some sort of leader in the store within a year.

We've really enjoyed going to church Thursday nights at the community night at YWAM (University of the Nations). Our hope is to get plugged in soon to a group of Christian folks...we miss the fellowship.

Speaking of fellowship, we are so looking forward to Dani and Ryan coming out on Friday! Dani was my roomie in college, she and I did the internship in Hilo back in 2007 and became attached at the hip:) She is a wonderful friend to me, and I am so looking forward to spending time with them for a little over a week. We'll be staying on the Hilo side, house sitting for the Harris's (horses, cows, goats, dogs, and cats...oh and a bunny). We are also excited to see our Hilo friends, and hopefully catch up with many of them.

Why is it that summer seems so long in getting here, and once it is here, you can't seem to slow it down. I hope you find rest and relaxation this summer...and my challenge to you...go do something you have never done before:)

Oh, and by the way, I reached a breakthrough in kiteboarding. I spent over an hour kiteboarding...I guess I'm officially a kiter:)

Signing out,
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment